These little beauties are a great way to start the day when you’re in a hurry but want something filling. I made a small batch to test the recipe and it worked perfectly. These will keep for a few days in an airtight container. Next time I make them, I will flatten them down a little, as the didn’t really change shape in the oven and I’d prefer them to be flatter (like cookies). You’ll need to pre heat your oven to 160 Fan and have a couple of lined baking sheet or non-stick baking trays.
- 100mls unsweetened almond milk
- 100g porridge oats (I used gluten free, but normal ones are fine too)
- 40g chia seeds
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 1tbsp pure honey (locally sourced if you can find it)
- Combine the almond milk and porridge oats in a large bowl, cover and leave to sit at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Then add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon and flatten onto the baking trays.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until browning at the edges.
According to Andrew, these are nice, but chocolate on top would make them even better!lol I’ll leave that for you to decide 🙂