Many people have Nespresso machines in their kitchens and in this recipe I show you how to use it for baking. This is a simple recipe with yummy results. You’ll need to make an espresso and let it cool slightly before using it in the cake mix.
I use Cake Liners (for quick clean up) and two round cake tins. You need to preheat the oven to 180 Fan.
- 175g salted butter
- 170g caster sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 50g cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tsp espresso
- 175g self raising flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 350g icing sugar
- 12g unsalted butter
- 40g cocoa powder
- 40 mls milk
- 1/4 tsp espresso
- Beat butter and sugar together in your electric mixer, until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add eggs, espresso and milk.
- Fold in flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Mix well until smooth and then split between the cake tins.
- Bake for 18-22 minutes.
- To make the frosting, combine the icing sugar, unsalted butter, milk, cocoa powder, milk, espresso and beat for 3-5 minutes on medium speed.
- Pipe or spoon onto the cake and in the middle.