This month I’m setting myself a little challenge to reduce our food bill. Lately, we’ve been very casually buying groceries and a quick look at what we spent last month was shocking! I’m not doing anything drastic, just getting back to frugal habits I used to practise. I blogged a couple of times last year about this, you can read about it here.
Anyway, you can expect to see some weird and/or wonderful recipes this month, as I delve into the bottom of the freezer and the back of the dried food cupboard. Starting today, with this bag of unopened coconut flour.
Let the baking commence. This week it’s the turn of Iced Lemon Shortbread. This recipe makes 10 small cookies, double the recipe for a bigger batch. Enjoy!
- 50g coconut flour
- 35g butter, melted
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- zest from 1 lemon
- 60 g icing sugar
- juice from half a lemon
- Preheat the oven to 150 Fan.
- Mix the flour, butter, honey, vanilla extract & lemon zest with an electric hand mixer until it forms a wet dough.
- Break off little balls of dough and set on a baking tray. Gently smooth down fall with a spoon.
- Bake for 8-10 mins until just starting to brown.
- To make the icing, mix the icing sugar and lemon juice. Pipe or spoon onto the cold shortbread.
If you enjoyed this recipe, why not subscribe to our weekly newsletter? You’ll receive a weekly round up of current posts on the blog and advance previews of our new products. It’s quick, free and you can unsubscribe at any time! As a thank you, I’ll send you a copy of the “organised mum package” absolutely free!