Chocolate Caramel Muffins are delicious little treats, that taste great when warm from the oven or heated for a few seconds in the microwave before eating. I have to be honest and say this isn’t my own recipe – but I have no idea where it came from! It was written on a piece of paper in the back of my recipe journal, so it could have came from anywhere. If you recognise it, let me know and I’ll give the original creator the due attribution 🙂
You’ll need a muffin or cupcake tin and 12 muffin cases. Preheat the oven to 180 Fan.
- 250g self-raising flour
- 100g light soft brown sugar
- 40g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 150mls milk
- 5 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 397g carnation caramel
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a big bowl (flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder).
- Combine all the wet ingredients, except the Carnation Caramel, in another big bowl.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix well. You don’t need an electric mixer, just a wooden spoon or baking spatula is fine.
- Add small pieces of the carnation caramel to the mixture, bit by bit. Don’t mix heavily, just leave barely combine. This will ensure you get little pieces of caramel through each muffin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Best enjoyed warm (we love them with a wee bit of vanilla ice cream on the side).