We couldn’t think of a better name for these, so I’m open to suggestions!lol They are an easy to make, hands on activity for children and they get to enjoy their creations as well. They also make a good alternative to sugary ice cream and frozen lollies. The only equipment needed is a spoon, a knife and some silicon bun cases ( I got mine in the pound shop – very cheap and reusable, even for baking cupcakes etc).
Large tub of yogurt (preferably low sugar)
Fresh berries – cut up small (we used strawberries)
Sprinkles (’cause we put sprinkles on everything in our house)
- Cut fruit into small chunks, the older children could do this with an ordinary dinner knife.
- Lay out silicon bun cases onto a plate or chopping board.
- Layer the fruit, then dollop on the yogurt, then decorate with sprinkles.
- Place plate or chopping board in the freezer for a few hours until the ‘buns’ firm up a good bit.
- Then place the buns in a zip lock freezer bag and return to the freezer.